- We moved to Colorado, and left Brooklyn with a lot of tearful goodbyes
- Matt graduated from seminary and started his job as Missional Community Director at our church
- We went against our introverted nature to put ourselves out there to make friends in Boulder
- We embraced a more active lifestyle by going on lots of hiking/camping trips, purchasing bikes, and spending lots of time outdoors
My mom is very sentimental and a great writer. One of her many gifts to me as I'm waiting for my little one to arrive is to write me a poem for every trimester. Here's her first trimester poem.Read More
Do you lace up your running shoes to run errands? Do you wear them to walk the dog? Do you wear them to workout classes or to lift weights?
If at all possible, don't. That's what other shoes or retired running shoes are for.Read More
It can't always be sunny and 55 degrees outside. So for all those days when you're feeling like you'd rather stay inside and sip hot tea than go for a run, I've got some advice for you:
- Check the weather every day - I know it's a pain, but you'll thank yourself when you know you avoided knocking all your teeth out on the ice.
- Invest in the right gear - waterproof shoes, micro spikes, thick leggings, a decent jacket, gloves, an ear warmer, and a neck gaiter. When the weather gets tough, you're clothes need to get tough too.
When you find something that works, you stick with it. That's how I feel about Newtons. I've run in a lot of different shoes over the years and will usually keep buying the latest model of the same shoe over and over until it's discontinued or I find something better. I ran in the Nike Bowerman series for years before they changed their lines up.
Right now, what's working for me and what I love to run in is Newtons -- specifically, their stability and water-resistant shoes.Read More
I've been doing slightly better about "getting dressed" for work and looking like a grown up sometimes. If you aren't already aware, I work from home, and working from home makes literally rolling out of bed without looking at your face or brushing your hair before you start work super tempting. But there's just something humanizing about getting dressed in real clothes that I know has value. Speaking of real clothes, I'm here today to share with you a fun partnership between BridgetMcGahen.co and JORD Wood Watches that gives you the opportunity to get your own cool, wooden, grown-up watch at a generous discount. Or you can get one for your loved one for Valentine's Day.Read More
Why do some people love birthdays and others just aren't that into them?
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person I know who isn't crazy about birthdays. While it's partially that I'm not jazzed about turning 27 yesterday, it's not just about feeling old.Read More
I'm writing this as I'm laying in bed with a fever/cold and a roll of toilet paper next to me (because for some reason, we never own real tissues). I've been sick for 3 days now and had a fever for two of those days. I think there is definitely something going around in Boulder right now because it seems like everyone is at least kind of sick.Read More