It's my birthday!! I thought I would post something fun and not fitness/health related (per se). So here are 24 facts about me:
- Matt and I will celebrate two years of marriage on March 11.
- Dorky pleasure = stories about knights, kingdoms, dragons, etc. I love that type of fantasy genre.
- I'm obsessed with Tarte Cosmetics. They are not tested on animals, they're chemical free, they're beautiful, and they smell amazing!
- I'm not a big fan of spoons... in general. Unless they're tiny spoons-- then they're cool.
- I went 15 years without eating meat, but now I've added chicken and fish back in. You can read more about my decision to stop being vegan here.
- I LOOOOOVE hot tea. Here are some of my current favorites: Private Selection Sweet Cinnamon Spice, Tazo Refresh, Tazo Awake English Breakfast, Celestial Sleepytime Vanilla, and Teavana Youth berry/Orange blossom.
- I was in marching band in high school -- on the drumline. Does that make it slightly cooler?
- I faint every time I get a shot. My mom says it's something called vasovagal syncope. It happens to my dad and brother too. I think that's why I passed out after I fell off the treadmill last month too.
- Yes, I did (partially) switch gyms because of the treadmill fiasco.
- I have an older brother named Madison. He was born the year before the movie Splash came out, which was the year that every little girl was named Madison.
- Matt and I's next dog will be a puggle (like Kathryn Budig's Ashi) named Gus. Gus and Morton will be BFF.
- I have a bad habit of starting books and never finishing them.
- I'm going to try to do all of my Christmas shopping on Cyber Monday next year. I'm all about not having to go to the mall during Christmas season.
- I really want to try to see if skyping someone in to play a board game (specifically Settlers of Catan) would work out. I love board games and a lot of my friends live far away. Worth a shot, right?
- My fitness journey began with long distance running (I ran the Houston Chevron full marathon in 2010). I then started doing yoga to prevent running injury and fell in love. Then I started lifting weights to build up enough strength to do the more difficult yoga postures and fell in love with that.
- I follow entirely too many people on Instagram. It overwhelms me sometimes because I want to see every post.
- My Myers-Briggs personality type is INFJ. That's the same one as both Mother Theresa and Adolf Hitler. Not sure what that means...
- I play piano and sing in my church's worship band.
- Iron and Wine is my go-to bubble bath music.
- I'm auditing one of Matt's seminary classes this semester. It's called Soteriology -- the theology of salvation.
- I'm definitely a morning person. Just give me a plate of scrambled eggs and a cup of black tea and I'll be chipper as can be! Also, I normally go to bed around 9pm... haha
- I wish I could just not have a car. Dear Houston, please create a subway/light rail system that spans the whole city. K thanks.
- I get really mad at myself when I forget to wear earrings-- even to the gym. I don't like the way open holes look. Yuck.
- I love creative things: writing, photography, painting, stained glass, etc. I'm not an "artist" but I dabble.
What do I want for my birthday? I want you to all subscribe to my new new YouTube channel -- I created a new one under my blog's Google + page, so make sure you're subscribed to the right one!