Matt and I have been trying to create restful, non-stressed space in our mornings. That way we start our day in a relaxed mood. By waking up earlier, we have plenty of time to read the Bible, exercise, sip some tea, and eat a hearty breakfast -- all without feeling rushed.
It has made such a difference in my day to have time to take it easy on the morning.
One of my favorite things to make for breakfast is protein pancakes, and this recipe is the simplest one I do. Protein pancakes are great because they're super filling, protein-rich, and delicious.
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (I used Quest Chocolate Milkshake Flavor - whey protein)
- 1/2 Banana, mashed
- 3 egg whites
- optional toppings: Walden Farms Calorie-Free Syrup & fresh berries
- Mix all ingredients until smooth
- Heat a pan at a low heat and grease (I use Pam coconut oil spray)
- Pour 1/3 of the mix into the pan (stand close by because these cook quickly)
- Once the bottom starts to firm up and brown, flip the pancake and cook the other side
- Continue with the second third and the final third
- Top with syrup and fruit, if you please