I'm always looking for new ways to use protein powder to make delicious things. I think because I was vegan/vegetarian for such a long time, I still don't prefer to eat meat at every meal. Using protein powder to make things ensures that I get a good amount of protein without having to eat a ton of meat! This protein ice cream bar recipe is so good, I could eat it all day long.
If you're curious, here are the macronutrients for 1 bar: Calories 101 | Protein 8.4 | Carbs 7.7 | Fat 5
Ingredients (8 bars)
- 1 scoop Cellucor Whey Protein (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Flavor)
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (I used Gold Standard)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chunky, unsalted almond butter
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl
- Pour into a small brownie pan or glass tupperware
- Place in freezer for a couple of hours, or until firm
- Cut into 8 bars
I just eat one at a time and store the rest in the freezer. They are so stinkin' good.
Let me know if you try them! Hashtag #SSErecipes