One of my favorite things about fall is the seasonal foods: pumpkin, cinnamon, apples, squash, etc. I love all of it! I'm totally a fall girl. The leaves, the colors, the temperature change, the family get-togethers, the wardrobe -- all of it brings a smile to my face.
Now that the air is starting to become more crisp (**'starting' being the key word here in Texas), I'm getting in the fall cooking mood. So here ya go -- a yummy, clean, healthy, and super simple option to appease your apple pie cravings.
- 9 apples (my favorite type is Honeycrisp, but you can choose what you like)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons Organic Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon -- or more if you want it extra spicy
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- **optional packet of Stevia sweetner if you want it extra sweet (I didn't add this)
- Wash and dice apples (I like to keep the skins on for extra fiber), removing core/seeds
- Place apples in crockpot
- Add oil, honey, and spices
- Cook on high for about 2 hours or on low for 4 hours