Recently, I've been thinking that I might have a food allergy. I've had some weird symptoms pop up around certain foods, and I finally decided to have my doctor do an allergy test this week. I find out the results on Monday, so I'll let you guys know if I need to start cutting something out of my diet.
In trying to figure out what the allergy might be (if I have one), I've been trying to steer clear of dairy and gluten. I know for sure that I've had issues with dairy before, so I figure that might be the culprit. And who doesn't have a gluten allergy these days?!
I whipped up this delicious loaf after a long day at the office this week. It was the perfect mood lifter without being too "guilty".
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond (or peanut) butter, smooth
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- a dash of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used the Enjoy Life brand dairy, nut, and soy free chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a glass bread loaf pan with coconut oil spray
- Mash the bananas, and then combine with the eggs and the almond butter
- Add in all of the other ingredients and mix thoroughly (folding in the chocolate chips last)
- Bake for about 50 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean, just like baking a cake)
- Let cool, and enjoy!
This banana bread is great if you have overly ripe bananas in your home. That way you don't waste the bananas, and the bananas are more mashable for the recipe!
Even Morton wants a piece of this bread!
Do you have food allergies? I'd love to hear more about your experience with diagnosis and with moving forward! (Leave me a comment below!)