I've been looking for ways to make my chicken more moist. I'm a huge fan of my grill pan, so I wanted to stick to that, but my lemon seasoning wasn't leaving much moisture, especially after I microwave it for lunch at work.
My step dad-in-law suggested marinating it in plain greek yogurt -- which sounded like a really weird blend of flavors to me. Instead of marinating, I tried brushing it right before I put it on the grill and wow! So moist! And it doesn't taste weird at all! In fact, it tastes amazing.
These are meal prepping proportions, but you can absolutely reduce for a single or two person serving!
- 16 oz chicken
- 3 oz plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sweet basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Coconut oil Pam spray
- Begin by making the coating - simply mix the yogurt with the spices (you can add more of anything if you want more of that flavor)
- Heat your grill pan or grill to a medium heat and coat with coconut oil spray
- Coat chicken on both sides with yogurt mixture and then place on heated grill
- Grill for 4 minutes
- Flip the chicken using tongs or a fork and grill for another 4 minutes
- Cut the chicken to check for pinkness -- if there's no pink, it's done and you can remove from the grill
- Repeat until you've grilled all your chicken
- That's it! So simple! Eat and enjoy
Questions of the day:
What's your favorite way to make chicken? Are you excited about summer grilling?