Hey y'all, I'm so excited to announce that Sweat Stretch Eat is leading an 8-week challenge that starts a week from today!
I feel like I need to give a naming disclaimer. I'm not trying to take the Christ out of Christmas, this challenge is spanning Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, so the term "holidays" made more sense. Plus, alliteration is cool.
Don't want to snowball into an unintentional winter bulk this holiday season? Join me in this challenge and get a head start on your New Year's resolutions. It's no better time than now to start making healthy decisions.
Something that makes this challenge a little bit different than other holiday challenges is that I have created it knowing that you are a whole person, not just a physical body. Yes, the challenge will include workouts and nutrition guidelines, but it will also include daily bible reading as well as weekly relationship challenges and positive encouragement. I want to challenge you mentally, spiritually, relationally, and physically.
I'm really excited to do this challenge myself, so I hope you will join me!
If you're a planner like me, you're probably like... so what's the challenge?
Here it is:
- Weekly workouts (weight lifting & cardio)
- Nutritional guidelines
- Drink 100oz water every day, and eat lots of veggies, lean proteins, and healthy fats
- Avoid sugar, soda, fried foods, and starchy carbs
- 1 cheat meal (over no more than 45 min) each week -- you don't have to do this, but if it will help you stick to it for the whole 8 weeks, this gives you a little bit of freedom to enjoy holiday goodies.
- Bible study
- 1 chapter of the Bible each day
- Journaling/reflection on Sundays
- Weekly challenges
- ex. Take a someone out for an appreciation lunch (you pay for the meal and give them some encouragement)
- Weekly challenges
I'll send out weekly checklists to hold you accountable, and we can hold one another accountable via social media using the hashtag #SSEHealthyHolidays.