Spring is officially here, and with spring comes allergies and sickness. I've actually been home from work for the past two days with a cold/fever. It's been pretty miserable, but I whipped up some chicken noodle soup yesterday that made me feel like I was little and being taken care of by my mom.
My mom always used to make us "little noodle soup" when we were sick. There is something so nostalgic and cozy about the soup to me.
Anyways, I put my own little spin on it and thought I'd share with you guys.
- 3 oz chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried egg noodles
- Dried sweet basil
- Dried oregano
- Onion powder
- Dice the chicken into bite-size cubes
- Place in small pot and fill with water until chicken is submerged
- Add a dash of onion powder, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper
- Bring water to a boil and then cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes (until chicken is white all the way through)
- Drain chicken and put to side
- Fill empty pot with chicken broth
- Add a pinch of onion powder, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper
- Add carrots and celery
- Bring to a boil, cover, and let simmer for 5 minutes
- Add egg noodles, cover, and let simmer for 8 minutes
- Stir in cooked chicken, cover, and let simmer 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve!
Question of the day:
What's your go-to recipe when you're feeling under the weather? Do you have any get-well-soon tips?