I'm so excited about this festive twist on my staple grilled chicken. I don't know about you, but I get super bored of the same ole grilled chicken all the time. But I'm trying to lean out, so it's really a must-have for the most part.
This recipe was the product of successful (if you ask me) experimentation. I wanted to spice (or really, sweeten) up my chicken for the Christmas season.
- 2 chicken breasts
- Coconut oil spray
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh pomegranates
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- Heat your grill (I used an iron grill pan), and spray with coconut oil
- Lay chicken on grill, season with salt, pepper, and rosemary
- Let chicken cook for 4 minutes, flip to the other side and cook for another 4 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, heat up a pan to low heat
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil to pan
- Once oil has melted, add 1/2 cup pomegranates and coconut sugar
- Let these heat for about 3 minutes and then remove from heat
- Blend or puree cooked pomegranates and then add back to heated pan
- Stir in arrowroot (this will help to thicken the mixture) and heat for another 3 minutes
- Check to see if the chicken is done, remove from the grill if it is
- Simply top the grilled chicken with the pomegranate blend, and then also with fresh pomegranates and rosemary
Give this recipe a try, and let me know what you think! You can find more about Christmas Soda (in the picture) here.