This is our healthy staple food-- high in protein with a lot of rich greens.
- Olive Oil
- 1 can black beans
- Chopped broccoli
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped spinach
- Chopped almonds
- Salt to taste
- Boil water and quinoa according to packaging instructions
- Put several tablespoons of olive oil in a pan for sautéing
- Pour can of beans into pot and heat
- Chop veggies into bite-size pieces add to pan
- Add water as needed to sautee pan, stir
- Add almonds and spinach to sautee pan, stir
- Once carrots and broccoli are softened, add salt and stir then reduce heat and continue stirring until other dishes are done.
- Serve all mixed together