In 2007, I threw a tea party and invited my girlfriends, most of whom I had known since elementary school. We started a lovely tradition that year and have met up every spring for tea and brunch since. Now, six years later, we had our annual tea party. I LOVE this tradition. We did a potluck meal, so I can give you the recipes for what I made.
These are just like the cucumber pesto rolls I made for Hannah's shower only SO much easier! The only difference is the shape of the cucumber slices.
- 12 small cucumbers
- 8 small garlic cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Slice cucumber into disks
- Place garlic in food processor, blend
- Add pumpkin seeds, olive oil, lemon, and salt then blend
- Add basil and sun dried tomatoes, blend until pesto consistency
- Scoop 1/4 tsp pesto onto each cucumber
- Sprinkle with vegan parmesan