As you may know, Matt and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary last Monday. It has been a wonderful year of learning about each other and growing together as a couple. We have been together since 2009, but being able to say that we have been married for over a year blows my mind. Has it really been that long? Time flies like an arrow.
CITIES WE SET FOOT IN: Houston, Santa Fe, Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Gunnison, Ft. Worth, Dallas, Austin, Surfside Beach, College Station
SHOWS WE WATCHED: The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, New Girl, Freaks and Geeks, How I Met Your Mother, Community, Parks and Rec, The Biggest Loser
RESTAURANTS WE LOVED: Ruggles Green, Backstreet Cafe, Spiral Diner, Little Bigs (Matt loves that place), Happy Fatz, Jenny's Noodle House
THINGS WE DID:
- Got a dog
- Developed a regular fitness schedule
- Fasted on rice, beans, and broccoli for Lent
- Hung out on the roof of Elder
- Trolled Houston tunnels
- Went to the zoo twice
- Started the TIU plan
- Saw the theatrical production of Peter Pan with my family
- Went to the Hong Kong Market
- Went ice skating on Discovery Green
- Started hosting a small group at our apartment
- Got a "new" car
- Sat 7th row at a Rockets game
- Spent a lot of time at Boneyard
HOW WE CELEBRATED: Hilton Garden Inn in Ft Worth and Six Flags Over Texas
I failed at remembering to get our frozen cake from my parents' freezer. It's still there. One of these days, I will remember and we will eat that cake (sounds gross) and toast with champagne from our wedding. Anybody out there keep that tradition? Was it gross? Did the cake taste like fish sticks (or whatever else was in the freezer)?
Here's to a lifetime of love!