How far along: 34 weeks + 1 day
How big is baby: the size of a basketball hoop, a baguette, a quokka, or a butternut squash (17.7in, 4.63lbs).
How I've felt in my workouts: I do what I can.
Symptoms: General discomfort, pretty significant back pain, trouble sleeping, lightening crotch, cramping, shortness of breath (same as last week)
Doctor Appointments This Week:
- Endocrinologist - I went to get my robot out and to have the doctor look over my blood sugar levels. The appointment was honestly best case scenario. She told me my blood sugar levels looked great, and that there was no cause for concern for me or for the baby. Despite having gestational diabetes, my diet is healthy enough that it's not going to cause issues. I got the robot out and will not have to do finger pricks or insulin. They will continue to keep a close eye on him with extra OBGYN appointments, one more appointment with Obstetrics (to measure him), a dietician appointment, and one more Endo appointment.
- OBGYN - They found trace amounts of blood in my urine sample this week, so they sent that off to the lab. She didn't seem too concerned about it, but thought that it could mean that I might have a UTI, which wouldn't be fun. I should get results at my OBGYN appointment this week. Otherwise, everything is looking good. Since I have GDM, I have to do the fetal monitoring stuff. Basically, they hook me up to a machine for 20min and monitor baby's heart rate vs. movements to make sure he's not under stress. They said he looked perfect.
Things we bought for baby: I didn't buy him anything this week, but I did buy myself some nursing bras and a nursing night gown.
What we're up to: We are too busy. I'm studying for my corrective exercise personal training test, I have a million doctor appointments every week, I'm trying to get work stuff squared away before I go out on leave for 3 months -- on top of church/social commitments and getting ready for baby. It just feels like a lot.
I did check a number of things off my "before baby" list this week, though. I wrote all of my thank you cards and distributed most of them. I still have a few left that I need to hand out/mail. We installed baby's car seat in the car and figured out how to attach it to his BOB stroller.
Prayer Requests: That these last 6 weeks go really smoothly and that God would continue to prepare my heart for motherhood. That Matt and I would grow into confident, prayerful parents. And that baby would continue to grow at a healthy rate. He's currently measuring small.
Last Week of Workouts:
- Monday - Cardio workout video
- Tuesday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
- Wednesday - 30min walk
- Thursday - Bodyweight Legs
- Friday - 30min walk
- Saturday - 30min walk
- Sunday -