Hey y'all! How has your week been? Are you so excited that it's finally Friday?
Gosh, this week has been tough for me. Matt's in Dallas for a summer school class, so I've been all on my own with Morton and the car and chores and everything. It's just a lot. And I've had a hard time sleeping without him here. Moral of the story: I can't wait for him to come back.
I've been thinking a lot lately about how much of my life I try to wish away. Do you know what I mean? Like counting down the days until the end of the week, counting down the hours until my next meal, counting down the months until Matt graduates from seminary... I guess it's like a grass is greener situation.
It seems like life will be better on the other side -- when you get a boyfriend, when you get married, when you find a new apartment, when you finish paying for student loans... the list could go on and on.
I want to stop wishing my life away and start living more in the moment. I want to learn to appreciate where I am in the journey. Because at one point, I was wishing for where I am now.
Anyways, I wanted to share a new protein pancake recipe with you guys that I absolutely love.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Quest Protein)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine ingredients in a blender (leave out the blueberries)
- Prepare pan with coconut oil spray
- Pour 1/4 of mix into heated pan sprinkle on blueberries
- Heat until the bottom browns then flip
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until out of mix
- Eat plain, or top with fruit preserves, greek yogurt, agave, honey, or Walden Farms calorie-free syrup
Questions of the day:
- Do you feel like you're wishing part of your life away?
- How do you keep your mind focused on finding joy in the present moment?