I got the original recipe for this from the Sweaty Betties, but had to modify it a bit to work for me. This is the perfect Valentine's Day treat that won't leave you feeling bloated or guilty. In fact, figs are a great preworkout treat because they are more insulin responsive than other fruits.
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 2 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 25 dried cherries
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (not technically paleo) OR 2 tbsp water
- Combine all ingredients (except cherries) in a food processor, blend until it becomes a doughy texture (milk/water will help with this if overly crumbly)
- Prepare a small plate by covering with parchment paper
- Scoop out a tbsp of mixture and fold a cherry in so that it is completely covered with chocolate dough
- Continue to do this until mixture/cherries are gone
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
Let me know if you give this recipe a try!