As you may know, I work in marketing at Insource Technology, an IT consulting company that was founded by the same guys who founded Compaq (Rod Canion and Jim Harris). We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and we have one of the top Enterprise Wireless teams around! Here are some reasons why I love my job:
1. The people I work with. I feel so comfortable and welcomed at Insource. We don't have an uber professional, we-take-ourselves-too-seriously environment, rather it's more of a family environment. I've met some of my very favorite people at work.
2. Being able to do something I'm good at. People value things that make them feel valuable. I have friends that truly feel expendable at their job because they don't get to do something specialized. I love that I feel valuable at my company, even though I'm the youngest employee. I know I'm still learning, but I feel like I'm in the right place.
3. I get to be creative. Not many people get to say that. I get to create cute designs for email announcements, twitter backgrounds, t-shirts, etc. I also get to help plan events and pick out giveaways. So fun!
4. Flex hours. Some people are morning people and some people are night people. Everyone is not productive at the same time of day, so why force them to be? I love that I can come in early and leave early because I work so much better in the morning. Also, leaving early means I have more time to go to the gym after work :) or, you know, spend time with family and friends!
5. Integrity. I can't stress how valuable this is. I work for a company that strives for excellence. We don't rip people off and we're not just in it for the money. We do the right thing. We want to provide our clients with the best solution possible for their organization. If the client isn't satisfied, they can reduce the bill to a comparable amount (even $0 if they feel that is appropriate). We stand by that promise. I am so proud to work for Insource.
6. I love that I can have one on one conversations with the officers. Can you walk down the hall and crack a joke with one of the VPs of your company? Does the President and CEO of your company walk over to your desk on a regular basis, thanking you for your hard work and reminding you how much he/she appreciates you? Mine does. Jealous?
Interested in a job opportunity at Insource Tech? Click here.