Hello from my recovery week. I feel like I'm a student on summer vacation right now. The weather is perfect for doing casually active things, and I only have easy runs this week! Next week kicks off an 18-week marathon prep plan, but this week I'm chillin.
I've been using the Strava app as a social platform since I got my first Garmin watch for Christmas this past year. For whatever reason, nobody seems to use Garmin Connect as a social app, they all sync GC with Strava and interact on Strava. I'm not sure what the logic is behind this, but it doesn't really matter. Moral of the story is that you need to get on Strava and we need to be friends. Let me help you figure that out.
How to Set Up Auto Uploads on Strava
- First, you'll need to create a Strava account, if you don't already have one. It's totally free (you don't need the pro version).
- Create a Garmin Connect account, if you don't already have one. And follow the prompts to add your device.
- Head over to Strava to add your device.
- Find Garmin and click Get Started.
- Select Connect with Garmin.
- Enter your Garmin Connect credentials and authorize a link between the two apps.
That's it! Now, every time you get back from a run, let your device sync with Garmin Connect via the smartphone app and it will automatically upload to Strava as well. I like to then go into Strava and add pictures, workout descriptions, and comments.
I love being able to see what my friends are up to with their training and where they've been running around town. It's a great way to find new routes and to encourage one another in training.