Looking for an afternoon pick-me-up snack? I've got something for ya! These raw vegan treats are naturally sweet, and the lemony zest makes them super refreshing.
Not to mention, all you need to make them is your hands and a blender or food processor.
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3 heaping tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- Zest of one lemon
- Put the cashews in a blender or food processor and pulse until they become a meaty texture
- Chop dates into tiny pieces with a knife
- Add blended cashews, chopped dates, and almond flour into a medium mixing bowl and mix with spoon
- Add lemon zest and mix again
- Finally, add honey and knead with your (washed!) hands
- Once combined, roll into balls and refrigerate