Do you know what day it is? It's NYC Marathon Lotto Day! By end of day today, I'll know whether or not I will be running through all 5 boroughs of New York City this November.
Part of me obviously really wants to get in. It's a race I've wanted to do for a long time, and I think it would be such a fun way to see parts of the city I've never been to. I've also heard that the race is really well supported by both locals and travelers, and that it's one of the most enjoyable races because of that.
On the other hand, I'm running another marathon in September and I'm kind of concerned that those two might be a little too close together. A two month gap doesn't allow a ton of time to recover before you have to get back out and grind away on miles.
I don't have pace goals at all for the Boulder Marathon due to the altitude. I'm just hoping to finish without walking. So maybe the fact that I'm not going to go super hard on that race will enable me to do both injury free.
Anyways, I probably shouldn't put the cart before the horse and should wait to worry about that until after I know whether or not I'm actually in.
I wanted to share my current workout schedule with you guys. I've been changing things up a lot lately, and people keep asking me, so I figured I'd go ahead and do a post about it. This is what a normal week looks like for me.
Monday: Workout A
I've been doing glute-focused full-body workouts lately, as opposed to my normal muscle group split.
- Barbell glute bridge (3 sets, 20 reps)
- One-arm dumbbell row (3 sets, 8 reps each)
- Barbell box squat (3 sets, 5 reps)
- Dumbbell incline bench press (3 sets, 8 reps)
- Barbell deadlift (3 sets, 5 reps)
- Cable standing abduction (1 set, 20 reps)
- Plank on elbows (1 set, 60 seconds)
- Side plank (1 set, 30 seconds each)
Tuesday: Easy Run
- This week I'm doing 5 miles at an 8:47 per mile pace
Wednesday: Workout B
- Bodyweight shoulder elevated single-leg hip thrust (3 sets, 8-20 reps)
- Chin-up (3 sets to fail)
- Dumbbell high step up (3 sets, 10 reps each leg)
- Dumbbell shoulder press (3 sets, 8 reps)
- Prisoner single-leg back extension (2 sets, 12 reps each leg)
- Abductor machine (1 set, 20 reps)
- Straight-leg sit-up (1 set, 20 reps)
- 45-degree side bend (1 set, 20 reps)
Thursday: Tempo Run or Sprints
- This week, I'm running 3 miles at a 7:18 per mile pace
Friday: Workout C
- Barbell hip thrust (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Standing single-arm cable row (3 sets, 8 reps each side)
- Goblet full squat (3 sets, 5 reps)
- Single-arm dumbbell bench press (3 sets, 8 reps)
- Cable straight-leg pull-through (3 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Side lying hip raise (1 set, 10 reps)
- Turkish get up (1 set, 5 reps)
- Cable ab pull-downs (1 set, 20 reps)
Saturday: Long Run
- This week, I'm doing 10 miles between an 8:30 and a 9:30 per mile pace.
- I've been taking classes on
What does your current workout split look like?