This is my most recent favorite way to make chicken. I don't know about you, but for me to hit my macro goals every day, I have to eat a lot of chicken. And it gets old real fast. I can only eat plain grilled chicken so many times in a row before it starts to drive me crazy.
This was an extremely successful experiment, and I'm really excited to share it with you!
Macros (per 4oz serving): P 37 | C 1 | F 10
Ingredients (4 servings of 4oz):
- 16oz lean chicken breast
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp poultry seasoning (thyme, marjoram, rosemary, pepper, sage, nutmeg)
- 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Add pecans, cheese, seasoning, and salt into a food processor
3. Process until crumbly
4. Set up 4 plates for "breading" process
- Raw chicken
- Egg whites
- Nut mixture
- Crusted chicken
5. Coat the chicken in egg whites and then with the nut mixture until completely covered
6. Once all chicken is coated, move to an ungreased baking sheet
7. Bake chicken for 10 minutes and then flip it over, bake for another 10 and flip it over, and bake for a third 10 minutes. If it looks like it is cooked, you can check by cutting a piece open. If it is all white, it is done.