I'm headed out to a potluck brunch this morning. Want to know what I prepared?
Of course, I needed something healthy. But I also freakin' love pumpkin stuff in the fall (who doesn't?!)
Naturally, pumpkin pie oatmeal seemed like a great fit. I made a bigger portion, but you could totally cut these measurements down to make a dish for 1-2 people instead of 7-8.
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (this is different from pumpkin pie filling**. At Trader Joe's, they just call it "Pumpkin" and it comes in a can.)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/3 tsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, all spice)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Bake pecans on ungreased cookie sheet for 5 min
- Prepare a separate glass 9x11 inch pan with coconut oil spray (or Pam)
- Microwave milk for 30 second in a small bowl, add in eggs to heated milk (keeping them from being cold ensures that the coconut oil won't harden up when you mix them together)
- In a large bowl (I'm talkin pretty dang large) mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add oats, the majority of the toasted pecans (leaving some for garnish), pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir thoroughly.
- Spread mixture into prepared glass pan
- Bake for 23 min, and then let it cool for 5 minutes
- Serve warm
If you give this a try, let me know!!