Some friends of mine make what they call "yonanas" on a regular basis. It's basically frozen bananas blended until they create an ice cream-like texture. It's healthy, and it satisfies a sweet tooth. I tried a little experiment today, that I think turned out really well. I added frozen strawberries and a raw vegan chocolate sauce. Adding the strawberries make the texture more like shaved ice than ice cream, which I think is equally as good.
This is a great summer dessert that won't keep you from looking great in your swimsuit!
Ingredients for the freeze:
- 1.5 cups frozen bananas
- 1.5 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbs cacao powder (no sugar added)
Ingredients for the syrup:
- 2 Tbs raw maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (no sugar added)
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs water (can add more to thin it out)
Optional topping: berries
- Combine freeze ingredients in a food processor until it reaches a shaved ice consistency
- Combine syrup ingredients in a bowl and stir until it reaches a syrup consistency (can add more water to thin it out)