I've been trying to make these for months. I found the original recipe on Tone It Up's blog, but it's not vegan. After purchasing the nutrition plan, I tried their vegan version, but I still always ended up having to scramble it because it wouldn't stick together.
After much trial and error, I present to you a successful recipe for protein pancakes. They're clean, healthy, protein-packed, gluten free, vegan, and delicious!
- 2 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer (Whip with water to make 1/4 cup frothy "eggs")
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Perfect Fit)
- 3/4 banana (just eat the last fourth without putting it in the mix)
- 1 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Several strawberries, diced
- Agave nectar to drizzle on top
- Mash banana in a medium-sized mixing bowl
- Using a wisk and a small bowl, mix up the "eggs"
- Add "eggs", protein, flaxseeds, and cinnamon into bowl with banana
- Mix with a spoon, mashing banana even more so that the mix is blended
- Fold in blueberries
- Spray non-stick pan with Pam
- Heat at medium heat (level 5)
- Pour out 1/2 mixture into pan and flatten into pancake shape with back of spoon
- Using a spatula, check to see when bottom side is browned
- Once browned, flip then brown the other side and remove from pan
- Do steps 8-10 with the second half of the mixture
- Top with diced strawberries and agave nectar